In simple language, semen is a white or greyish liquid squirted through penis after the man has reached a critical point of sexual excitement. These days, in addition to penis size, even semen volume is increasingly becoming a cause of concern amongst most men and following two reasons will tell you why.
- Semen is the carrier of sperm- important male units that aid in fertilization process. A higher volume of semen would mean a higher sperm count and therefore increasing semen volume would increase odds of one of your sperms to reach female’s egg and to fertilize it successfully.
- Increased semen volume means powerful orgasms that last for long. More specifically, the heightened pleasure you experience while ejaculating is due to the pulsating movement that causes muscles down there to contract and relax. This rhythmic throbbing of muscles helps shoot out the ejaculate and stops once the semen is completely out. Therefore, if you increase volume of your ejaculate, the throbbing of muscles would last for longer thereby, making you enjoy acute levels of sexual pleasure for longer so that you feel utterly satisfied.
Any man who wishes to enjoy prolonged ejaculation and who wishes to further strengthen his reproductive health can naturally enhance semen volume through various simple solutions.
Now while the solutions are highly talked about, not many men are aware about the basics of semen such as the normal quality and quantity of semen. Following points will help you understand the same better.
- Semen, as specified in the beginning, is usually white or cloudy and sometimes yellowish. However, at times it may also appear slightly red or pink tinged representing presence of blood in it. While blood stained semen is only seldom a cause of serious health condition, it is always better to consult with your doctor to be on the safer side.
- For those who worry over their semen transforming itself into jelly like globules, feel relaxed, as it is only normal for it to turn into sticky liquid immediately after ejaculation. It is also normal for the semen to dissolve again within 5 to 40 minutes of getting squirted out. What is not normal is if it fails to clot and liquefies right after ejaculation as this may hint fertility problems.
- According to netdoctor.co.uk, average volume of your ejaculate should be anywhere between 2 ml to 5 ml. Volume consistently less than 1.5 ml – a condition called hypospermia, and, consistently more than 5.5 ml- hyperspermia, is perhaps abnormal.
- The ejaculate volume besides various other factors (physical, lifestyle, diet) is also determined by the interval between ejaculations. More specifically, it is believed that for a man who ejaculates frequently, will squirt lesser volume in comparison to the man who ejaculates after larger time gaps.
Following mentioned are simple approaches to gaining an enhanced semen volume.
Drink sufficient amount of water-Semen is mostly composed of water and it is its liquid-like composition that aids in lubricating the movement of sperm. Therefore, drinking sufficient amount of water (more than 2-3 litres) daily can keep your volume boosted.
Keep the heat away- Testicles are located outside of the male body because these need a cool temperature (lesser than 98.6°F- temperature at which heat is regulated by our body) to function optimally and produce semen. Therefore, if baby making is on your current to-do list, avoid exposing your testicles to high temperatures in baths, saunas, etc.
Diet and supplements- A proper diet that is composed of semen-benefitting foods such as berry fruits (cranberries, blue berries, black berries), coconut water, apples, red beans, asparagus, avocadoes, dark chocolate, oysters, pomegranate, etc. can be immensely useful. You can further support your diet with natural and known effective semen enhancement supplements such as Semenax or Vimax Volume pills.
Stay physically active- Light-weight exercises, cardio, and pelvic floor exercises are believed to be instrumental in increasing the sperm count and semen volume.